Looking for a Front End Developer job description template? We’re here to help!
We analyzed 53 real Front End Developer jobs to understand what requirements and responsibilities are the most popular among the employers and then composed a template for you (no plagiarism involved).
You’ll find the full job description below. Adjust it according to your company’s needs using the customization panel below and then just copy and paste the description into your job posting. But before that there are few words about what a front-end developer is.
What Is a Front End Developer?
Front end developers are the ones who build the user interface of websites.
Some people confuse front end developers with web designers, but they have different responsibilities. Web designers are primarily concerned with designing or editing the website’s layout, while front-end developers focus on giving it a functional design and developing it accordingly.
Front End Developer Responsibilities
Front end developers are responsible for the interface and functionality of a website. They make sure that the website’s interface is user-friendly and easy to use.
The common duties of a front end web developer include:
- Working with back-end APIs,
- Working with CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less,
- Making sure that a web application or a website loads quickly,
- Ensuring that a website is compatible with all browsers and devices.
Customize Your Front End Developer Job Description (Scroll Down to Check the Result)
Full Front End Developer Job Description
[NameOfYourCompany] is a fast-growing tech company with a culture that values creativity, collaboration, and innovation. We are always seeking ambitious, talented professionals who can help us achieve outstanding results. All our employees are supported, encouraged and expected to grow personally and professionally.
We’re currently looking to hire a Front End Developer to join our team who will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects.
- Design, develop and test user interfaces
- Make sure that a web application loads quickly
- Ensure that a web app is mobile friendly
- Make sure that a web app is compatible with all modern browsers
- Make the code clean and readable
- Participate in code reviews
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to determine app requirements
- Collaborate with web designers to implement front-end design and layout
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate backend functionality
- Participate in story and code estimation (Agile/Scrum).
- Participate on retrospective and planning meetings to help improve the overall software development process
- Bachelor‘s degree (Computer Science or any related field)
- 3+ years of designing and developing front end of applications and websites
- Thorough understanding of HTML5, CSS3
- Strong knowledge and experience working with React
- Experience with task automation tools like Gulp or Grunt
- Knowledge and experience working with CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Knowledge of REST principles and best practices
- Knowledge of cross browser compatibility issues
- Understanding of accessibility requirements
- Ability to design performant single page applications (SPA)
- Knowledge and experience working with Git
- Experience in agile development and Scrum
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
We believe that a comfortable working environment is the basis for high performance. Our office is located in the city center. It feels cozy and welcoming. There are several parks nearby. Also, our office is a great spot to grab a bite. We have free coffee, tea, and snacks! Plus, our coffee machine never runs out of milk!
We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, flexible work hours, and possibility to work remotely! We also have many education benefits and training programs available for employees.
We regularly do different team building activities like video games, paintball, basketball, board games, company barbecues. Also, we really like to eat pizza together.
We want our employees to feel like they’re part of a family. We’re constantly reaching new heights and having fun doing it.