This is how your company's Privacy Notice for Job Applicants will look.
First time here? Read how you can build a Careers Page for your company in a few minutes.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Your privacy is critically important to us. In this Privacy Notice we want to provide you with information about ourselves and the nature, scope, and purposes of the data we collect and use, giving you insight into the processing of your Personal Data.
This Privacy Notice applies only to our Careers Website — goodmind.io/demo and sets out how we handle your Personal Data when you apply for a job.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the Data Controller is
MyCompany Demo, Inc.
111 West Main Street
New York, NY 10001
The Data Controller determines how and why Personal Data can be processed.
The software we use for recruitment is called Goodmind. This means that Goodmind, acting as a Data Processor, processes all Personal Data at our request and based on our instructions.
Goodmind Software, Inc.
2810 N Church St
Wilmington, Delaware 19802
Personal Data We Collect
The Personal Data we may collect from you includes:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your personal photo or avatar;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, current or previous job title, previous and/or relevant work experience;
- Hyperlinks to professional social networks (e.g. LinkedIn) and other publicly available sources;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile);
- Technical information about your visit to our Careers Website such as IP address, cookies and web browser information;
- Geolocation data, guessed from IP address;
- Any other information that you choose to share with us in support of your job application.
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you for the following purposes:
- Recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of job candidates for the job you have applied for and for subsequent job opportunities;
- General HR administration and management (in case you become our employee);
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s) and future opportunities (unless you have told us that you do not want us to keep your information for such purposes);
- Making improvements to our application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
Legal Basis by Which We Process Personal Data
Our processing of your Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above is based:
- in part, on our legitimate interest in evaluating your application to manage our relationship with you and to ensure that we recruit the best employees, and to evaluate and maintain the efficacy of our recruiting process more generally;
- in part, to comply with the law, when certain information is necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations.
How Information About You Is Shared
We don't sell or rent your Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data in limited circumstances, as outlined below.
- Affiliates/subsidiaries: Your Personal Data may be shared with our affiliates or subsidiaries in relation to the purposes described above.
- Service providers: We may also share your Personal Data with third parties who process data on our behalf or provide services to us such as our Data Processor, recruiting and HR tools, assessment and skills testing tools, recruitment agencies, recruiters and consultants.
- Legal Requests: We may also share your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including in order to respond to a lawful government request, court order, administrative or judicial process.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with whom you authorize us to do so.
We maintain and require our service providers to maintain appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any Personal Data we process.
How Long We Store Data
We store the Personal Data we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
If you apply for a job and your application is unsuccessful, we might retain your Personal Data to consider you for future job opportunities and to help us to analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your Personal Data, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Your Rights and Choices
In the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK and some other countries, you may have certain rights available to you under applicable data protection laws which may include:
- Right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your Personal Data.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to erase your Personal Data.
- Right to restrict processing – You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to transmit the data that we have collected about you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Depending on your country of residence, you may also raise any questions or concerns you have regarding your Personal Data with your local data protection authority.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to this Privacy Notice on this page. Each version of this Privacy Notice is identified at the bottom of the page by its effective date.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Notice or if you would like to communicate with our Data Protection Officer (DPO), please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: June 1, 2021