Looking for a java developer job description template? We’re here to help!
We analyzed 57 real java developer jobs to understand what qualifications and responsibilities are the most popular among the employers and then composed a template for you (no plagiarism involved).
Here is the full job description. Customize it using the panel below and then just copy and paste it into your job posting. Good luck!
Customize Your Java Developer Job Description
Full Job Description
[NameOfYourCompany] is a fast-growing tech company. We are always seeking talented and driven professionals who can help us achieve outstanding results. Our culture and environment is one where employees are supported, encouraged and expected to grow personally and professionally.
Our software development team is looking for a Java Software Developer with strong problem solving skills and analytical mind to develop reliable software solutions.
The right candidate will be responsible for the design and development of our applications, which are primarily written in Java. This position requires strong programming skills, attention to detail and a solid understanding of the software development process. One of the most important part of this job is strong collaboration with other engineers to meet product timelines.
- Design and develop software using Java and related technologies (Spring, Hibernate, JPA, etc.)
- Work on the project from design phase till deployment.
- Write Unit Tests and document application functionality.
- Make the code clean and readable.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate with product managers and customers to determine requirements and implement solutions.
- Build strong working relationships with team members to increase overall productivity and efficiency.
- Participate in story and code estimation (Agile/Scrum).
- Participate on retrospective and planning meetings to help improve the overall process for effective software delivery within our team.
- Bachelor‘s degree (Computer Science or any related field)
- 3+ years of designing and developing applications using Java
- Strong knowledge and experience with Java, Java EE, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts in Java
- Knowledge and working experience with relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience in agile development and Scrum
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and tools
Since the very beginning, we valued providing a comfortable working environment for our employees. Our modern office is located in the city center and has a lot of natural light. There are several parks nearby. We provide free coffee, tea, and snacks.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, paid vacation, medical insurance, flexible work hours, and possibility to work remotely! Also, we have education benefits and training programs.
We regularly do different team building activities like video games, football, paintball and laser tag, company barbecues.
We want the people that work with us to feel like they belong to something great. You will be a part of a team that is always striving to be better and reach great goals!