Looking for the perfect Python developer job description template? This blog post will walk you through what kind of job requirements, skills and experience employers are looking for in their candidates.
Python is a programming language that has been popular for years. It’s used in web development, data analytics, machine learning, and much more. We’ve put together the most important job requirements and responsibilities to help you get started with your job posting!
We’ve analyzed 63 real Python engineer jobs from actual companies and composed a template that’s perfect for your needs. Customize it using our panel below, then just copy-and-paste into your job description.
Customize Your Python Developer Job Description
Full Job Description
[NameOfYourCompany] is a fast-growing tech company that fosters an environment of creativity, innovation and team work. Our organizational structure encourages employees to grow both professionally and personally with the support from management.
If you want to work with cutting-edge technologies, have fun and make a difference in the lives of others through your code – come join us.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Python developer to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining Python-based applications. This involves coding, testing, and debugging complex algorithms. Also, this includes working closely with the product manager, software architect, and other developers to design and implement new features and resolving bugs.
- Design, code, test, debug complex algorithms and data processing pipelines using Python
- Develop, improve, and maintain documentation for the application
- Help maintain our codebase by writing tests for existing features
- Optimize the performance of our apps using advanced profiling and debugging techniques
- Collaborate with other team members on new features and bug fixes
- Work closely with product managers to deliver a high quality product that meets customer needs
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practice standards are met
- Participate in Agile/Scrum story and code estimation
- Participate in retrospective and planning meetings to make improvements for an effective software delivery process
- Enjoy flexible hours 🙂
- Bachelor‘s degree (Computer Science or any related field)
- 3+ years of designing and developing applications using Python
- Strong knowledge of Python 3.x
- Experience with Python web frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Knowledge of Python libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn)
- Knowledge of Object-Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Knowledge and working experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of source controls (Git, SVN)
- Experience with PyCharm IDE
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and tools
This Python developer position offers competitive salary, benefits package, paid vacation, and medical insurance.
We offer trust and independence, the ability to make an impact, and the freedom to do your job in a way that makes sense for you.
Also, we offer flexible working hours and ability to work remotely.
We like to invest in our employees through training, and you’ll have the opportunity to improve your skills with courses designed to help you on your career path.
We regularly do team building activities – we have picnics, volleyball, paintball, board games. Also, we provide gym membership discount.
We’re always looking for talented developers to join our team. If you want to be a part of an awesome company with an environment that cultivates creativity, innovation and collaboration then we should talk!